Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Maiden Blog

I've never had the desire to blog before. But recently I have wanted to find a more regular way to share what is going on in our lives with family and friends since we live so far away from some of them. Today seems like as good a day as any other. So here I am. Enjoy!

Dylan is nearly 3 months old now. Tomorrow I start back to work again, thankfully only part-time. I'm dreading going back to work and having to leave him each morning. Ryan's mom is coming into town for a few days to help us this first week, which we are very thankful for. I've got a few bottles of milk stored up in the fridge and freezer, but still wish I had more. Isn't it strange how one's measure of self-worth can change? You'd be surprised if you only knew how much I actually base on the volume of milk I can gather and store these days. Times sure do change, don't they?


Dylan is starting to reach for things now. He stays awake longer and longer before needing a nap (however, he fights taking his naps and we've had to make deliberate efforts to implement nap-time during the day) and is smiling and cooing more and more. Our parents-as-teachers educator came over the other day and pointed out that he is localizing to voices already (a milestone usually not achieved until 4 months) and has great muscle tone for his age. We are working on getting him to vocalize more, since he is less advanced in that area right now. He coos when he sees his tiger-head toy on his changing table, and likes his bouncer, but doesn't "talk" to us too much yet. We'll keep you posted though.

1 Comments:

<

Yea on joining the blog-o-sphere!! I'll add you to favorites and check it often. Good luck on your first day back at work. I'm sure it'll be a shock to the system, to say the least. Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters