Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 07, 2005

First week back

So this week was my first week back to work. I'm thankful that it is only 3 days a week, but overwhelmed with the whole thing (to say the least). Ryan is very supportive I must say. And Teri (Ryan's mom) was here for this first week and was SUPER helpful and supportive of us all. Dylan just loved her and I appreciated her being sensitive to his need for some structure and keeping track of his naps/feedings for me to help when he goes off to daycare (sniff) this coming Monday.
Well on a different note: Ryan has set the date for his thesis defense. January 20th. I'm so proud of him and all his hard work. He really has been pushing himself to get through the past few months since Dylan was born. I know it has been hard for him, especially with all my stressing about going back to work and balancing being a dad with his work in the lab. I know now how hard it must have been to leave each morning those first few weeks when I was post-partum and Dylan was so little and new. Luckily my mom was here to help me out and reassure Ryan that we'd be alright while he was off at lab. Boy, aren't moms the best? I'm so thankful for having such wonderfully supportive and loving moms. And I'm seeing their love in a whole new light now that I'm a mom myself. Gosh, that sounds wierd to actually say it: I'm a mom.
Better get to bed now. Dylan is sleeping and I don't know how long of this window of sleep I have left to enjoy (never know with these little ones).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters