Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, June 12, 2006

fall at daycare


Silly Dilly fell today at daycare and bumped his lip. Per his caregiver's report, he was playing and fell. I guess he was practicing his standing up skills and toppled over. Apparently he was bleeding pretty bad for a bit, but it got better and he was fine by the time I got the message at work and called them back. When I got there to pick him up tonight, he was drinking a bottle in Shashi's arms and when he saw me, he cried like he was saying "mommy, i had a tough day. pick me up!" It broke my heart. Knowing that I couldn't be the one to dry his tears and make him feel better after he fell today is hard to swallow as a mommy. My only consolation to myself is that I get to be with him 5 days a week and he only has to be at daycare 2 days a week, which is a pretty good deal.
Ryan weighed Dylan last night and he is roughly 21.5 pounds. So at 11 months, he roughly falls in the 40th percentile (not bad for a baby who was falling off the curve at 6 months old at only 12.5 pounds!)
Tomorrow is my Friday at work (even though it is only Tuesday), and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week. We are going to Huntington Beach with some friends on Thursday (Dylan's first time in the sand at the beach) - which should be fun. And on Friday we have plans for a pool playdate with another group of friends.

Got sunscreen? = Will play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters