Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Migraines

Long story, but it's late and I'm tired, so I'll just toss out the gist of what's going on here with us. Yesterday I ended up in the ER again at work. I didn't want to go, but my loving coworkers insisted that I went and it turns out I was having a pretty serious migraine. Only thing that finally touched the pain was morphine! Boy was that pain INTENSE. And I know pain. Remember now people: I've had a baby.
And this time the doctor sent me for a CT scan, which put my mind at ease about one thing: No tumor. I'm glad to know that now for sure... (always worry in the back of your mind I think when someone has recurrent headaches).
The doctor determined it was a migraine when I told him about the flashing lights and strange feeling I had about 20 minutes before the headache and vomiting hit me. Unfortunately I was working and was with a patient when it all happened. Poor lady. Not only was she confused to begin with, but then I had to excuse myself a number of times to run to the bathroom. Thank heavens for a supportive group of coworkers. I'm blessed.
I'll post more another time as I learn more. Now I need to get to bed.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

<

Uh...we insisted on the ER because of one thing: The projectile vomiting in the hallway.
Pretty easy call really. :)
And, can I say one more time that I can't believe you were even slightly hestitant about taking the morphine.
If a Dr. wants to give you narcotics, there's only one response. "Yes, please".
I think you felt happier, er, better after the medication.
...and I have the pictures to prove it.

  <

I feel you're pain, having had migraines for 17 years now. I don't usually have more than one or two a year, but the last one I had sent me to the hospital for a day.

Bummer.

  <

Kathy has pictures? Oh....I just love her. I'm so happy you took our advice to get your little behind to the ER. You finally were able to get that CT!! Next step, new doctor.
Oh yah, the sounds of you wretching in the bathroom were not pleasant either. You poor thing. What would you do without Kathy & us nurses? We love you.

  <

Sorry to hear about the migraines. Robbie's last one was very scary, so I am glad you got help. Your blog looks great. Dylan is so handsome and you and Ryan are looking fabulous, too! We miss you. Now that I am trying to join the blogging world, I am excited to read your posts and feel like you are closer! We miss you, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters