Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Flower A Day...

Everyday Dylan somehow picks me a flower. Sometimes he does it in our courtyard. Other times it's at the gardens, the zoo, preschool, church, grandma's house, or even at Disneyland. I've come to love that daily moment when he reaches out to hand it to me, with that proud, warm smile, saying "here mama!"
Some things you have to enjoy for the moment, because it's only a phase and your child will stop doing it almost as suddenly as they first started. But this flower picking routine has been going steady for a while now.
Perhaps it began when he and I started our weekly routine of going to the local flower shop together on Saturdays to buy flowers. Perhaps it started with our walks at the gardens, where I pointed out all the flowers I know the names of and like. Perhaps it stems from his own love of nature.
But whatever the genesis of this routine, I'm glad to be an integral part of it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters