Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 28, 2006

fingerpainting masterpiece














Dylan wore his Cardinals onesie jumper today. All I'm going to say is that it is frustrating how fast kids grow. He is nearly outgrown it already and only has worn it once! Anyhow, he is such a cutie in it. Even though we've moved away from St. Louis, we'll always stay Cardinals fans! (Sorry Dodgers).

We (that is, Dylan and I) have been going to stroller strides for a few weeks now and really enjoy it. It is a good way for me to work on getting more in shape and I'm actually going to be taking the AFAA course to be fitness instructor certified after next weekend. I'll be teaching one of the classes in a couple months, once a week at the Caltech campus. I am excited to get involved a bit in the community with new moms postpartum who are in those first few months. I remember how hard it was for those first months (really, it took probably about 6 months before I started feeling more adjusted) and I'd love to be a part of helping them get to feeling back to themselves again. My mama-roos group in St. Louis really encouraged me when things were at the roughest, and I'm so thankful for them. What an incredible group of women.

I'd love to get involved in something that offers an avenue for support and encouragement for others when they need it most. Having other new moms to commiserate with, encourage, and learn from, makes the world of difference in my opinion.

So anyhow, today I learned that Caltech agreed to let stroller strides hold a class there once a week. And the owner of the franchise in Pasadena wants me to teach it for her, which I'm both excited and honored to do. I'll be taking the class with another lady who is going to be a new teacher, so that will be fun. Wish me luck (there is a test at the end of the day)!

Regarding my new job: I've started working at the hospital now, which is good for me. This means that Dylan has also started at his new daycare. He seems to really like the caregivers there. I'm relieved to see that he doesn't cry when I drop him off (although I have to fight myself wanting to stay with him and force myself to actually leave) - and he is always busy doing something with the other kids when I come pick him up at the end of the day. On Monday (his first full day) he did his first fingerpainting masterpiece. I've never seen something so pretty. A collection of smeared paint streaks on a crinkled piece of paper was quite beautiful. Yeah, I'm one of those moms now. Let's face it, how could I not be?



Getting ready for work one morning earlier this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters