Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Update: Week 9

This past week was difficult, but I think I've got my head above water again.
I was in the ER on Monday night for tests and IV fluids after a day-long bout of extreme nausea and vomiting (hyperemesis strikes again!) that led to my OB advising me to go into the ER. My dear friend Kathy took me so that Ryan could stay home with Dylan (bless her heart, sitting there beside me for 7.5 hours, no dinner, in an ER busting at the seems with crazy people, dislocated shoulders, sick babies, and worried family members). It was a LONG night, but thankfully I got the fluids I needed to feel better and get ahead of the nausea again. And as Kathy said today, the night was long, but ended well with a nice movie. Movie? Well, the doctor ordered full abdominal ultrasounds, checking my gallbladder, kidneys, liver, and spleen, along with the baby (of course). I was excited to have Kathy there with me and she got to see not only all my organs on the screen, but meet the littlest member of our family. I know Ryan would have loved to have seen that extra ultrasound, but the good news is that because I work at the hospital, I can get copies of all my scans next week from radiology to keep. The baby measured well, looking good with arm and leg buds and wiggling around like a happy camper in there. It was a good thing to see after such a long day of stress and feeling lousy.
At 1:30am, I was discharged home, hydrated again and with a blood pressure back up to near-normal, but tired.
A friend of mine commented to me today that my body just doesn't do well with pregnancies and perhaps I should have considered a surrogate. I agree, my body doesn't like being pregnant, but this time around I'm determined to try and enjoy the moments between the nausea (wherever they may be!)

Labels:

2 Comments:

<

Prayers for your (and baby's) health. I have a friend who suffers from this (she's the proud mommy of 3 little ones, now). What a heavy cross to bear.

  <

Seeing your little one's heart beating (not mention all the moving around) was truly a wonderful experience.
Thank you for sharing that with me. I will remember it always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters