Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

seeing more clearly

"I can see clearly now that the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way."
That's how the song goes, right?

Well, now I too can see more clearly. Without glasses.

That is right. I no longer need glasses.

Why you ask?

Well, last Thursday I had Lasik surgery. And for someone like me who is totally eye-phobic, that was one heck of a personal feat. It wasn't easy to endure, but now that I'm on the other side of the surgery (glad to not have to do it again, let's just say) I'm glad I went through with it. And I'm really glad that my mom was there to hold my hand and take care of me through the first couple of days. She was wonderful. Thanks mom!

I went up to visit my parents for a week and had a "consult" appointment with the opthamologist on Wednesday with my mom during one of her follow-up appointments down in Santa Barbara. During the consult, the doctor told me that I was an excellent candidate and thought I'd be really happy with the results. When I asked when they had time to do it (being that I would have to make another trip up north to have it done), they said, "how about tomorrow night?" I gulped (hard) and agreed.

After the surgery, many people (including the lasik cordinator herself) admitted that they didn't think I'd go through with it because of how freaked out I was about eye surgery itself. But I went through with it and am glad I did. It was worth it.

The next day only about 20 hours after the surgery I had my post-op appointment. The results? 20/25 in my left; 20/20 in my right. And while my vision still fluctuates a bit each day, it will keep improving over the course of the next few months. Truly amazing.

And now if only I could quit finding myself hunting for my glasses!

1 Comments:

<

Congrats to you on being so brave and facing your fear! Celebrate! Go buy yourself some cool cheap-o sunglasses now that you don't need prescription ones. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters