Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, July 06, 2006

the songs we sing

We sing the same songs over and over to Dylan when he is fussy or going to bed at night. We sing "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" followed by "Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music. The amusing part is that we don't know all the words to "Favorite Things" and mumble the parts we don't know and end up catching eachother's eye and laughing together. Tonight I just looked up the words (gotta love the 'ol internet for solving problems like these) and now don't know if I'll actually sing them because our silly little way is special now. It has become our little family song, mumbles and all.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters