Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

real-age

Have you heard of the latest healthcare craze? It's called realage.com
You answer a handful of personalized questions related to your health and habits and it tells you what your actual age is based on those responses.

Wondering what mine was? Well, if I told you, I'd have to kill you... Just kidding.
It said I am 24.6 years old (which is actually 3.8 years younger than my chronological age). Good, but it also sent me a lengthy email about the lifestyle changes I should make to improve my real-age. It made me sad (albeit convicted of a few things). Here are a few of the recommendations they made:

1. FOR MAXIMUM HEALTH BENEFITS, INCREASE YOUR FRUIT, VEGETABLE, AND WHOLE GRAIN INTAKE. (so taco bell doesn't cut it, eh?)

2. BEGIN TAKING VITAMINS DAILY. (ok, ok mom. I hear you.)

3. REDUCE YOUR DRIVING SPEED TO NO MORE THAN 5 MILES PER HOUR OVER THE SPEED LIMIT. (so what's the plan for when I'm running late for work? Can they talk to my boss on this one?)

4. CONSIDER TALKING TO A DOCTOR BECAUSE OF YOUR AMOUNT OF REQUIRED DAILY SLEEP.
(now this is just funny. Seriously I sleep like 9 hours each night. Let me add that I love sleep. Like charging my batteries. Required. Not a sign of medical issues. That's just ridiculous. And I'm not changing. Period.)

5. DO NOT TALK ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING. (hmmm. I need to think about this one.)

6. SCHEDULE TIME FOR YOURSELF (ok. do they want to come watch Dylan for me while I go take that bubble-bath each afternoon?)

2 Comments:

<

Just think, if you did all of those you might be 18. Wait, then you couldn't drink. Hmm...better keep eating red meat.

  <

You are the only one I know that actually went to the Realage.com site and took the test!
So...you're really 3.8 years YOUNGER?
I wish I could say that. I was 9.7 years OLDER! :(
So, if I eat more tuna and get a dog, I can get that number down to 8.9.
And even though Taco Bell doesn't count...I think Baja Fresh does. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters