Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 21, 2007

color blindness, clean sheets, and more

Briana here. My dad is color-blind. To be precise, he is red-green color blind. Which means he sees yellows and blues, but cannot distinguish between red and greens. The translation here is that Dylan has a 50/50 chance of being color-blind as I'm the carrier of the genes to any sons that I end up having. Right now Dylan is working on learning his colors, and I've noticed that he prefers blue and yellow legos and pictures in books. Of course it is WAY to early to really distinguish if he has any deficits, but I'm keeping a close watch on it and think it is very interesting during this stage of learning. He loves pointing out colors to me when we read together and I'm excited about this milestone. Coloring with crayons is something he enjoys doing at daycare and at home. And I DO appreciate that crayons are washable! And for that reason alone I'm resisting the urge to bust out the markers just yet. They say washable on the box, but I seriously wonder how "washable" they will be when on my furniture.

Ryan has installed two more cupboard locks in the kitchen this morning. One particular drawer was making me nervous (the "misc" bottom drawer with screw-drivers and light bulbs galore) and so today was the appointed day for such projects. We also took a nice morning walk before Dylan's nap around the neighborhood, talking about the future and what we want to be doing in the next couple of years. It was nice to be out as a family and try to separate from the regular stresses for a while. It was sunny with just the slightest breeze, and warm enough to be outside without a jacket. And while Dylan naps this afternoon, I do believe there is a football game or two on for Ryan to enjoy. Oh, and I was able to smuggle Dylan's blankie away for another washing this morning... smart mommy. And I also I have fresh, clean sheets on my bed.
Oh, what a lovely day. (too bad tomorrow is Monday!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters