Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Love Thursday - Jacaranda Trees

Los Angeles may have it's downfalls, with the smog and traffic. But it has so much more. It has near perfect weather most of the year, beautiful parks and gardens.
And Jacaranda Trees. In Bloom. Right Now.


The delicate, purple flowers line our sidewalks on our evening strolls. It seems to soften the city for me in my mind, making it feel less urban, highlighting the seemingly year-round spring season that makes LA special.
And since I've discovered them last May when I saw them first bloom, I've loved these trees. Soon they will no longer be purple and summer will take hold, but May is special here for us, in part because of these trees.

Labels: ,

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters