Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 28, 2007

A Planting We Will Go

Kathy and I went to the Huntington Gardens' Members Only Plant Sale. It was an ordeal just to find parking (20 minutes of circling around, with me reassuring her that "I have a hunch that we'll find one soon" each lap around the lot). But once we got there, WOW, what a massive amount of rare and exotic plants. It was fun and I had really no plans to buy anything. But as it goes, I found a couple I couldn't resist getting.

A Hoya Carnosa 'Krimson Princess' that apparently was a hot item (as everyone and their brother came up to us, woefully exclaiming that we must have gotten the last one).
I love the varigated, thick leaves. And for what I expected to be a finiky plant, so far she has done well in the spot I've picked for her new home.
(*Not sure if plants are boys or girls, but I'll just give them a female gender for good measure - being that I'm currently the only girl in the house. Even the cat is a boy!)
And the most exquisite and unique blue and white Lace Cap Hydrangea.
Then we came home, bringing Ryan a cold soda as a peace offering before we trodded off to Target and OSH for planting supplies...

I'm pretty excited about my new plants and think they'll like their new home on our porch.

Labels: ,

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters